If you have been injured or contracted an illness through work, you may be able to obtain statutory compensation which involves claiming wages, medical expenses and rehabilitation costs. Such injuries or illness can cause significant worry and financial stress.

Call us now on 1300 LAWYER or fill out an online enquiry form for a free no obligation consultation. Strict time limits apply for making compensation claims.

If you are unable to work, you may be able to claim benefits from a sickness or accident insurance policy or benefits under your superannuation policy.

What should I do if I am injured or suffer an illness due to work?

As soon as possible:

  1. Report the incident to your employer or supervisor

  2. Get medical treatment

  3. Make a claim for WorkCover/workers’ compensation statutory benefits

  4. Contact Kerin Lawyers to obtain a free no obligation consultation for advice on your rights and benefits.

Queensland WorkCover

WorkCover is a long-standing statutory scheme to pay compensation to injured workers. It is compulsory for all employers. Payments come from a huge statutory insurance fund. Your employer (unless they are self-insured) is backed by this fund. Your benefits do not come out of your employer’s own pocket.

What to do if your employer will not process your compensation claim

If your work significantly contributed to your injury, you have rights to WorkCover.

You may contact WorkCover directly on 1300 362 128 to make a claim for weekly benefits and payment of medical expenses. You must see your doctor and get a WorkCover medical certificate. Please keep copies of these documents.