If you are a pedestrian, cyclist, motorcyclist, or you were involved in an accident which involved a motor vehicle, whether you were a driver or a passenger, you may be entitled compensation if you are injured. If you have been injured in an accident, send us an enquiry.
What Should I Do if I Have Been in an Accident?
As soon as possible after the accident:
1. Report the accident to the police and obtain a police report and Queensland Police traffic incident number.
2. If you are not aware of the identity of the other vehicle, strict timeframes apply. Time of the essence! You should contact Kerin Lawyers immediately. The timeframe can be less than nine months from the date of accident in such circumstances.
3. In order to ensure your rights are protected, contact Kerin Lawyers immediately, call 1300 LAWYER or fill in an enquiry form.
4. See your General Practitioner to report your injuries.
5. In these claims time is always of the essence. There are other situations such as where the other driver may not have valid insurance. Accordingly, it is prudent to seek legal advice as soon as possible after the accident to ensure that you protect and preserve your rights.
6. If you are unsure whether you are in time to bring a claim, under no circumstances should you delay. You should contact Kerin Lawyers so that we can review your matter and establish whether you have any rights remaining.
7. Do not lose your rights by delay.
8. If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 LAWYER.