If you have fallen ill or are unable to work due to serious injury or disability, you may be able to make a claim if you have a relevant superannuation policy or hold disability insurance.
To determine whether you may be able to make a claim:
Total and Permanent Disability (TPD) Claims
TPD Insurance allows you to gain access to Superannuation benefits you may be entitled to under your superannuation fund, if you cannot work due to mental or physical disability or illness.
You may be entitled to a lump sum payment, which can help towards medical costs, writing off debts, or as an alternative income.
Your entitlements will differ depending on what type of policy you have.
You will have to show the following:
- Your illness or injury is preventing you from working and is likely to do so into the future;
- You are unable to continue working your usual job or any other occupation that your education, skills and training qualifies you to have.
Call us now (1300 LAWYER) or set up a free initial no obligation consultation so Kerin Lawyers can assist you in ascertaining what benefit you may have under your policy and what compensation you’re entitled to.
Timing and restrictions
If you have submitted a claim and been rejected, generally a 6 year time limit for re-application applies from that time of rejection. Other time limits may apply depending on your circumstances. The sooner you make a claim, the better.
- Free consultation at Kerin Lawyers
- Set up a free initial no obligation consultation or send us an enquiry
- Kerin Lawyers will request the relevant documents
- TPD application forms
- TPD insurance policy and product disclosure statement (PDS)
- Superannuation trust deed
- Kerin Lawyers will help you lodge the form with your insurer and finalise the relevant medical documents
- Insurer processes the claim
- If a favourable decision has been made, Kerin Lawyers will arrange the transfer of the relevant lump sum into your bank account
Call us now or set up a free initial no obligation consultation so Kerin Lawyers can provide you with personalized and comprehensive advice.